Hunters and cooks are always looking for different ways to prepare venison.
With deer season fast approaching, it’s time to start using up any venison you might have left, to make room for new.
Grill up Legendary Whitetails’ Bacon Wrapped Venison Cheese Sticks for a treat that’s perfect to eat as a kabob or on a bun.
– 1 lb. Ground venison
– 1 package string cheese sticks
– 1 lb. bacon
– 1/2 cup diced onions
– 1/2 cup diced green peppers
– 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
– 1 egg
– Salt & pepper to taste
1. Mix ground venison with diced onions, peppers, mushrooms, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Season venison burger to taste.
2. Slide a piece of string cheese down the length of the skewer so the string cheese sits in the middle.
3. Form the venison burger mixture around the piece of sting cheese so that the cheese is completely encased by the venison burger.
4. Wrap the ground venison and cheese on a stick with bacon.
5. Grill until bacon is done… [continued]
Be sure to follow us on Facebook.